Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] Empty
PostSubject: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Kiku met his next patient and bowed. She was a new patient, today. “Konnichiwa.” He said softly, “My name is Honda Kiku and I will be your doctor. Now, you presented with frequent, violent nosebleeds, headaches, and blood from the tear ducts, corr -” He paused and trailed off. Oh god, she was giving him that look, wasn't she? The 'isn't it past your bedtime?' look. He swallowed and drew himself up, “Correct?” He didn't wait for an answer, he had the chart, after all.

“All if your symptoms are congruent with rare side effects of the common cold, a few days of rest and monitoring and you should be fine. However, I would like to run a few tests. I would like to monitor your blood pressure, particularly in your brain. This involves inserting a sensor in to the back of your neck buy a Lumbar puncture. It's completely painless. Any questions?” He looked up. She still had that look on her face oh kami…

“Where's your supervisor?” She asked.

He bit his lip., not wanting to fight, “I don't have one,” He answered.

“Oh,” She said in that way that people did, eyes slightly wider than normal, blank expression on her face, mouth in a little ‘O’ even after she had spoke.

He twitched and sighed, “I don’t need a supervisor. I’m fully qualified.”

“Oh. Ok, how old are you?”

He paused. He was twenty two, but she would never let him treat her if she knew that, even if he was just as qualified – even more so maybe, than the other Doctors here. It would be much better to lie, surely? For the patient’s sake. “Thirty.” He said.

“Oh,” She smiled this time with her ‘oh’, “I’m sorry, you have a very young face,” from then on, he didn’t’ have any problems with her.

Twenty minutes later, he walked out of the room and checked the rounds. He had a new patient now, oh goodie. He sighed and walked in to the room, checking the patient chart. “Hello, I’m Honda Kiku,” Be bowed and looked back at his chart. “I’ll be your Doctor for now, Mr Kii…” He paused and chocked on his words, “Kaaak…” Why did he have such a weakness for names? “Kaarrr… Kakulando…” He blushed slightly in embarrassment, he didn’t usually have such problems with names. He wondered which look he would get now, the ‘Aren’t you a little young?’ look, or the ‘You’re foreign, aren’t you?’ look. Maybe he wouldn’t have to find out, he could just look down at the chart throughout there session.

No, that was silly and unprofessional. Eventually, he had to look up.
Back to top Go down
http://lapaleuk1.livejournal.com
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Arthur was reading a book. A very interesting one. It was a detective one and a murder was just about to be commited. He was lost in his book. He had to distract himself with something right? 'And the man entered the door, raised his arm with a knife...his potentional victim was caught offguard and-'

The Brit almost jumped up when someone suddenly entered and greeted. He dropped his book in suprise. "A-ah sorry, I was just reading something scary, s-so." he tried to hide his blush of embarassment and quickly picked up his book and put it away.

He faced his doctor properly now. He had noticed he'd struggeld with pronouncing his name so Arthur gave him a kind smile. "You can call me just Arthur, everyone does here anyway." he studied his doctor. He looked like a nice person.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Arthur… well, that wasn't much easier than Kirkland. But, well, at least Arthur-San was trying to be nice. Looking at him, actually, they looked about the same age and with a quick check of the chart, he noticed that they were the same age. Generally, people his age didn't mind that he was young, they didn't notice.

He gave a small smile and walked over to check the vitals. “How is your arm feeling?” He asked, checking his heart rate with his stethoscope, nothing above normal. “You have a very nasty concussion. I would like to do an MRI and check the intracranial pressure, make sure there's no damage.” He explained, leaning in close to check his eyes, make sure there was no signs of kidney damage.

He paused, suddenly staring straight in to Arthur's eyes, “Asa-San…” he said softly, “May I sketch you?”

He stuttered and pulled away, blushing bright red up to his ears, “Well, what I mean to say is — you have a very nice face — I mean — Ah!” He stuttered and mumbled, rambling on, “You remind me of a character I want to draw in my manga — just a sketch for a model  — just your cheek bones…” He walked back and fidgeted. How professional, Kiku Honda. Get ready for your patient to request a new doctor. He'd never asked that before. Usually he just observed and drew from a corner.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:08 pm

Arthur noticed his doctor was a foreighner, he'd guessed he was Japanese. And probably around the same age as him. He had nice hair, not such a mess like Arthur's. He caught himself staring at Kiku.

"Feeling better actually." he said smiling back at his doctor as he let him check his heart rate. He nodded in understanding. "A-ah okay." Arthur was a bit nervous at the MRI part. He'd never had one, so he didn't really know how'd it all go.

He titled his head to the right and blinked. His doctor wanted to what? sketch him? That was a bit strange. Besides no one ever sketched him. Maybe his eyebrows were a reason. He blushed as well when Kiku went rambling and told him he had a nice face. Arthur tried to hide his flustered face and nodded. "I-it's okay, I don't mind if you sketch me." he told him.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:01 pm

"You don't? Arigato." He smiled and bowed, trying to keep his relief and gratitude off his face, but he had a feeling he wasn't doing very well at it. He checked his watch, "I have a break in about half an hour, I could come back later, you wouldn't even know I was there, hai? It's only quick sketches. And I can tell you the time for your MRI at the same time." He stepped back. There wasn't much more he could do without looking at the MRI.

He gave a very small, refined smile. "I just have a few things to ask you. Have you had any blackouts? Memory loss? Made any strange decisions? To the best of your knowledge, of course." He added, taking out a pen to make a note on the clip board.

Upon getting Arthur's reply, he nodded and made a note on the clipboard. "I'll see you later, then." He bowed and stepped back towards the door, "Asa-san." And he walked out.

Arthur, he thought, was a surprisingly welcoming patient. He had done many of the things that had meant other patients had requested other doctors, but Arthur hadn't been bothered about anything. Thinking about it, he seemed to have a very empty room. Not really any flowers and cards. Well, that he noticed, at least. Perhaps he should buy him something, as a token of his gratitude? It was his culture, after all, he must be polite. Maybe he should take him some food? Kiku knew hospital food was horrible. But... he didn't know what Arthur liked. He would ask him when he went to sketch him on his break.

He walked straight in to the radiology department to see about getting Arthur an MRI as soon as possible, inexplicably unable to stop thinking about him.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:07 pm

"S-sure, you're welcome." Arthur told him a bit shyly. He still couldn't help to find it rather odd having his doctor wanting to sketch him. But it somehow made him feel bit special and happy about it. "Uhm...yes that's fine with me." though he didn't want his doctor to leave him that quickly already for a strange reason.

Arthur titled his head and thought about answers to the questions. "Hmn not really, only I don't quite remember much of the day it happened and few days before that." he admitted.

Arthur smiled back at Kiku. "Yes, see ya." he replied and watched his doctor walk off. He was nice, Arthur thought and opened his book again, going back to his reading.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:38 pm

About half an hour later, Kiku was starting to feel a little nervous. What if Arthur decided that he didn't want to be sketched while he had been in that room by himself? Did Kiku even want to sketch him? It had been a silly whim, and Kiku never followed his silly whims, especially not at work. He had to pay attention at work! Not drift off to draw his patients. But he would not back out. He stayed to his commitments, (which went part of the way to understanding why he had managed to graduate medical school in just three years) so unless Arthur wanted to back out, he would go in there and take a few sketches of him. It would be good, actually, for the main character of a manga idea he had half formed in his head. They seemed to share a lot of the same characteristics.

He knocked on Arthur's door, “Um, konnichiwa, Asa-San.” He opened the door and bowed politely, “May I come in?”

He swallowed and stepped in nervously.  “I have my art supplies…” He said, holding up a pencil and the notebook he used around town to sketch interesting scenes. He sat in the seat beside Arthur and scooted it around so he was facing him properly. “You're still alright with this, right? I understand that it's… unprofessional.” He blushed with embarrassment.

It was lunch, and when Kiku looked over, he saw there was a tray of food on the table beside him. Kiku wrinkled his nose in disgust. He hated hospital food and wished he could have brought Arthur something to eat that didn't look like it was derived from plastic.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Arthur had just aten his lunch. It was anything but delicious, thought the Brit hadn't much choise. He managed to swallow his food down with some tea. He was currently doing nothing. Reading had given him a headache so right now he was just dozing off for a bit.

He sat up straight when he heard knocking. His lips curled up into a smile. He didn't know why, but he was happy Kiku had come. Perhaps he enjoyed some company. He nodded. "Sure, come in." he watched Kiku step into his room nervously.

He nodded back at Kiku when he asked if he was still okay with this. "Yes it's fine, as long as I don't need to do any weird poses." He said chuckling.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Kiku shook his head. “Iie, you don't have to do anything. I don't like stiff models, I prefer it natural. Just do whatever you would normally do.” he explained, opening his book to the first empty page, after a sketch of a seven year old in a baseball cap eating an ice cream. He glanced up at Arthur before looking back down and blemishing the paper with pencil lines to start to get the structure of Arthur's face.

There was a few moments of silence before Kiku bit his lip. He wasn't used to his subjects being focussed on him, and the silence was deafening. “If you don't mind me asking, Asa-san, where are you from? You don't sound American.” he strengthened the lines around the eyes to draw prominence to the eyelashes that were usually lost because they were very blond and tended to get distracted from by the eyebrows above them. Arthur really did have the most fascinating green eyes… hadn't it been said that green was the colour of magic.

He looked up to study Arthur for a minute, as he did with all his subjects if he got the chance. He leant in close to look at Arthur's face, really look. He saw the crease lines from frowning, even on such a young face. He was very pale, he looked like he hadn't been sleeping properly, probably because of being in hospital. He realised he was suddenly nearly nose to nose with the other young man and pulled away, blushing red with embarrassment. This was so unprofessional!

He sharply looked down and started on another quick sketch, focusing on Arthur's profile this time.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Arthur smiled. "Ah I see, okay." he decided to do some embroidery in the meantime. Though it was a bit hard when Kiku was so focussed on him. It made him feel a bit uncomfortable. A slight hint of a blush was on his face.

He looked up from his work at Kiku. "I'm from England, actually. I came here a few years ago to study. And you?" he asked him wondering. He seemed Asian but that didn't mean he hadn't been living in the USA all his life. Arthur liked to get to know him a bit more, for some strange reason.

Suddenly Kiku was really close to him. Their noses almost touched. Arthur held his breath as he felt his heart beating faster and his cheeks reddened. He felt some dissapointment when Kiku quickly backed away and went back to sketching. He wanted to ask him what that was just yet, but instead he went back to his embroidery. It was probably nothing, he told himself.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Kiku smiled, “Ah, I thought your accent was English. I'm Japanese. I like England, I studied for two year at Caimbridge before coming here to work.” He explained, “It was very nice there, the arcitecture was lovely and very different to Japan.” He added a little tone to the drawing. “What do you study?” He asked.

Kiku tucked some hair behind his ear and started on his third sketch, this one was slower and more detailed, so it would take a little longer. “You embroider? What are you embroidering?” He looked up a brief moment to see what he was doing. He found it interesting that in these modern times a young man such as Arthur new how to embroider, it was considered a female talent. Not that Kiku thought it was a bad thing that he could embroider, his mother had taught him many things that were considered feminine, like sewing and the tea ceremony.

He turned back to the picture and realised he had drawn in bunny ears by accident while not paying attention. Arthur… with bunny ears was so… so… moe! He squeaked and clamped his hands over his nose as droplets of blood sprayed over the paper. Eep!     
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Arthur smiled back. "That's great. I've never been to Japan before though." he said as he wondered what it would be like to live there. "I study english literature. I've been thinking of becoming an english teacher actually." he admitted to his doctor and focussed back on his embroidery.

He looked back up when Kiku asked him what he was embroidering. "Ah uhm." a blush came across his face. "It's a pillow case, I'm embroidering a fairy on it." his cheeks reddened. Arthur liked fairy tales but was always too embarassed to admit it to others. But why had he told him his doctor it then?

He suddenly caught Kiku clapsing his hands around his nose and blood was dripping down "O-oh, Are you okay?" he quickly looked for a handkerchief where he had embroid roses on it himself handing it over to his doctor. He didn't question the sudden bloodnose, he had them too due the weather change.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:55 pm

"Arigaou..." Kiku mumbled, clutching the handkerchief to his nose and leaning forward, "The pillow case is nice, I hope I didn't get any blood on it." He said, bright red with embarassment. At least Arthur didn't seem to know the reason for his sudden nosebleed, "I like fairies and myths... but central Eurpoean mythology is very different to Japanese mythology, it's quite interesting, especially when you see the oldest versions. They are surpisingly violent. Disney doesn't really capture them properly."

He took the handkerchief away from his nose. "Ah... he stared at the blood against the white handkerchief with the lovely design (He wondered if Arthur had hand-stitched it) "I'll give this back to you later, when I can wash it in the doctors longue. There's a washing machine in there for coats and scrubs, you see." he explained, folding the handkerchief up and setting it on his lap. "it's a nice design." He complimented, "Roses seem to suit you for some reason." He looked back down at the picture. Bloodspatter had ruined it of course, but he could just start again.

He turned the page and started drawing again. "Ah, Asa-san, what do you like to eat?" he asked suddenly, thinking that perhaps he could bring something to show his appreciation of Arthur being so cooprative with his strange demands. He liked cooking too, he found it relaxing, and he paticularily liked cooking for other people, becuase he didn't have to eat it. How paradoxical, an on-off anorexic who loved to cook.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Arthur smiled. "Thanks." He raised the pillow to check if there wasn't any blood. He shook his head. "No it's still clean." he assured him. He looked down at the the pillow case. "Thanks, I'm glad you don't find it silly." He mumbled shyly as his cheeks reddened.

"Ah okay, good." He said nodding. He had enough handkerchiefs anyway, so he didn't mind. He smiled shyly at his doctor. "Thanks, I like roses, I made them myself on it." why was he acting so shy around him? He was acting like a highschool girl! He mentally slapped himself to stop it.

He blinked twice. "What-?" He looked over at his plate and then back to his doctor. "Oh no no, I'm fine really, I-I wouldn't want to bother you." He told him, his blush rising.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:42 pm

He flushed, “I don't mind.” He insisted, “You let me sketch you, it's the least I can do to repay you and besides, I enjoy cooking.” He smiled a little, “Besides, I know hospital food is awful,” He pulled a face, not even looking up because he was trying to finish the new drawing (sans bunny ears). “Oh yes,” He suddenly remembered, “Your MRI is tommorow. If there's nothing wrong you can be discharged.” He smiled a little, even though a little bit of him felt sad that he would be loosing good company. How silly, he had never really had friends before, why would he want to start now?

“Hmm,” He hummed and shaded around Arthur's cheeks and the lower part of his hair, trying to distract himself from such thoughts, “You're a literature student? That sounds interesting.” He said, genuinely wanting to hear, he liked reading, not just manga books, he liked proper literature as well, though he didn't read the sheer volumes of it that he read of manga, and he tended to get his normal books from the library. “What sort of books do you read?” That was a dangerous question for him… he must not start talking about manga or he would definitely scare Arthur away. 

“I'm done.” He finally said, after a few more sketches, and paused, unsure if he wanted to show Arthur the drawings or not… it wasn't as if they were very good drawings… “Um, do you want to have a look?” He asked, fluttering the pages nervously before holding out his sketch book. What if he thought they weren't good and he had just wasted time on the whim of a strange doctor who was much too young to be a doctor anyway? 
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Arthur blushed some more. "A-ah okay well if it's not much trouble, some sandwiches and real tea w-would be nice." He didn't want to bother his doctor with such requests actually, but if he didn't mind... He smiled when his doctor announced that if there's nothing wrong he would be discharged
"Sounds good. Let's hope so." He said smiling but inside he felt a little sad. Silly innit? He was going to miss Kiku. Which was weird because it was his doctor, and they weren't like friends, right? This was getting confusing.

He was glad Kiku changed the subject. "A-ah really old books, like shakespare. But it's nice to read." Arthur admitted smiling and he went back to his embroidery. He wondered if he could make Kiku also something. As a thanks. Or was that weird? Was it weird to give your doctor a gift for helping you, because it is his job? He wondered.

Arthur blinked twice. Oh right, drawings. "Yeah sure." He took the sketchbook from Kiku and looked at the drawings. They were pretty good. Arthur himself couldn't draw at all.
He flipped another page, finding a drawing of himself with bunnyears. A slight hint of blush rose. He quickly flipped to the last page. He wasn't supposed to see that one he guessed. He wondered why Kiku had drawn him like that, maybe it was just for the character he was drawing? Arthur decided not to put much thought to it and handed Kiku his sketchbook. "They're really good."He assured him smiling.

[Ooc: I assume, the drawing with the bunny ears is in there, if not...then I can edit my post.]
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Kiku stood, "I can take my leave now," He bowed, a little reluctantly. "I don't need any more sketches." Why didn't he want to leave? Ugh, this was frustrating! He didn't understand this magnetic pull towards Arthur, something made him want to know more about the boy... he had never known people around his age... as he went through his education, the age gap between him and his peers grew and grew, until he felt like a child. Still, he had never minded, becuase he didn't even talk to them when he was around them...

"I'll see you for your your MRI tomorrow," He smiled slightly. He wouldn't... no, he couldn't feel upset. Arthur was a patient, simply a patient. He couldn't get involved emotionally in patients, patients often died (not that he thought Arthur would die, but it was a slippery slope.)

He bowed his leave and turned on his heels, walking off.

The next day, he walked towards Arthur's room with a bento box of sandwhiches and two thermoses of tea (one green and the other black), a little early for his MRI so he could eat first. He knocked politely on the door before entering. "Konnichiwa, Asa-san." He bowed. "I brought food... I wasn't sure what you liked in your sandwhiches, so I made a wide array.

He sat by his bedside and handed him the box, then poured the black tea in to a cup for Arthur, before giving it to him. "I hope the tea is acceptible." He smiled and poured himself some green tea from the other thermos.

((Don't worry, it was just a little blood spattered))
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:06 am

Arthur nodded. "Okay.." but for some reason he didn't want him to leave yet. He enjoyed sitting and talking like this with his doctor. Which was absolutely silly. "See you tomorrow then." Arthur said as he watched his doctor taking his leave. He then went back to his embroidery.

The next morning Arthur had been waiting to his doctor again and of course to get an MRI. "Morning, Mr. Honda." he didn't quite know if he could call his doctor by his first name. He looked quite suprised when he had brought him breakfast. "A-ah really, thank you." he said with a generous smile. He sipped his tea quitly. "It's good, thanks." he answered.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:09 am

Kiku didn't eat (he didn't really want to) but he sipped his tea and chatted pleasantly with the other young man. Perhaps, Kiku mused, they got on so well because Arthur was mature for age, not a normal 22 year old who wanted to party and drink all the time and attempted to sleep with anything female that stayed still long enough. (Kiku had lost the count of how many times he had been hit on while studying by college boys mistaking him for a woman, while he was still underage no less). Although, perhaps he wasn't putting enough faith in his fellow man? He put the thoughts out of his head, he had a tendency to overthink things too much, occupational hazard, unfortunately, like mild hypocondria.

“I started medical school when I was fifteen,” He explained, “Finished the seven year course in three because I did nothing but work. I retain everything I read with nearly photographic perfection, so all I really needed was to do the practicals. Then I was offered by Harvard, so I took a post-graduate course in genetic science, in a year. Then neuroscience in Caimbridge for two years — it's a really difficult course. I've only been practising medicine a year and I already have a residency. Ridiculously fast, wouldn't you say?” He shook his head and smiled. But why was he telling all this to a patient? As if telling him he only had a year's practical experience gave him confidence in him as a doctor. But he found it felt nice to talk about it with someone and how not being around peopl his age had been difficult. Most people blindly thought that excelling at such a level was good. Arthur seemed a little more understanding.   

He looked down at his watch, “ We need to leave.” He said softly, standing. “Do you want a hand up?” he asked before hesitantly offering Arthur his hand. It tingled weirdly when he took it. 

They walked to the radiology department together and in to the MRI room. “Lie on there and try to stay as still as you can.” He instructed, guiding Arthur on to the MRI machine. “Do you have anything metal on you? A watch, a ring, your mobile, artifical limbs, pins from reconstrutive surgery, ect? Anything that could be attracted to metal. Needless to say, if you have any credit cards on you, they'll be ruined if you put them in there.” He smiled a little. “It's not painful, not dangerous, but it's a very enclosed space, so you may feel slightly claustrophobic. 

“Stay still and it will only take about ten minutes, don't you worry, Asa-san.” He explained, trying to be comforing but probably failing miserably because he was useless when talking to people. He had been told before that his bedside manner was absolutely appauling.      
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Arthur gladly ate the sandwhiches Kiku had made for him. They were very good and really a lot better than the hospital food. He smiled as he sipped his tea. It was weird but it was nice talking to Kiku like this. He was sure going to miss him. Maybe they could still hang out afterwards. Wait- that was stupid. This was his doctor. He probably talked to all of his patients, he wasn't a special case or a friend of him now. Although Arthur hoped otherwise.

He listened to Kiku's educational past. "T-that's pretty amazing." Arthur exclaimed. He really had respect for his doctor. Doing something in 3 years instead of the normal 7 years.

"Uhm yes, thanks." He took Kiku's hand and let him help to get up. Kiku's hand was warm and soft. Arthur blushed a little as he held Kiku's hand. He followed him towards the MRI room. He felt a little nervous all of a sudden. Kiku seemed to have noticed that.

He shook his head. "No I don't have anything metal with me." He bit his bottom lip as lied down and nodded. "O-okay." Lay still for 10 minutes, it wouldn't be so hard.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Kiku smiled encouragingly at him once more before he turned on his heels and left to the observation room. A flick of the switch and the machine hummed in to life, buzzing. He pressed the button and Arthur started to dissapear in to the machine. He pressed the intercom, “Don't worry, Asa-San,” He reassured calmly, “It won't be too long, it's just a little loud,” he knew how claustrophobic it could be in such a small space, with that loud noise around him. He remembered when he had an MRI for his heart as a teenager, to make sure his annorexia hadn't put too much stress on it.

He searched through the pictures. Horribly, he wished he could see something wrong on the MRI. He searched for anything small, anything that would keep Arthur at the hospital for a little longer… how selfish of him… he shook his head and sighed, he couldn't do that. His priority was to make sure Arthur got better, not play to silly whims… plus this was America, Arthur's hospital bill would be racking up the longer he stayed. 

He pressed the intercom, “Are you alright, Asa-San? We're nearly done,” He assured him, “You're doing very well, just a few minutes longer,” He hoped Arthur wasn't getting claustrophobic… it was easy in there, and he had had patients get panic attacks in the past. 
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Arthur lied as still as possible. He smiled. "Thanks Kiku." from then on Arthur closed his eyes and breathed through his nose. Trying to lay still and not panic. He was happy to have kiku as a doctor now. His words were rather encouraging.

He hoped everything was perfectly normal. He breathed a bit heavier. Kiku might have noticed because he spoke. Arthur didn't open his eyes and just answered him. "I'm alright." though he hoped it would be over soon. It was really getting small in here.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 4:03 am

Kiku could tell that Arthur was starting to get claustrphobic, so he decided they would stop soon, and he had a good image too. Nothing seemed to be wrong… a little unfortunately, Kiku thought. He couldn't keep Arthur here without a reason, could he? It would be unjust… he contemplated momentarily purposely infecting Arthur with MRSA, but that was cruel and immoral, so he decided against it. 

Almost bitterly, after a few moments, he pressed the intercom again, “Okay, Asa-San, we're done. I'm letting you out now.” He pressed the series of buttons and the machine powered down, the bed, if it could be described like that, sliding out to reveal Arthur. Kiku thought he looked a little pale and his breathing was heavier than normal, it looked like Kiku had gotten Arthur out pretty much just in time.

He walked in to the room again and smiled at Arthur, putting a hand on his shoulder and squeezing slightly in an effort to be comforting, he had hated touchy doctors as a child, but Arthur seemed to like it when he touched him, and Kiku liked to touch him to. “You did well,” He assured him, “Most patients squirm a lot their first time in the scanner.” He rubbed his back comfortingly along the slight bumps of his spine, trying to make sure Arthur calmed down after the MRI, almost unconsciously. “I could take you back to your room now, or we could go to the gardens for a short walk.” He suggested. It would be good for Arthur to take a walk, and he was hardly unable to, so he saw no reason why not.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Arthur sighed in relief when Kiku told him they were done. He was happy to get out of that thing. It was such a small space in there. Arthur guessed he'd looked pale judging by Kiku's reaction as he stepped out.

He smiled weakly as Kiku rubbed his back. That was nice and comforting and Arthur calmed down. He nodded. "O-okay." he was still pale but felt better now. He nodded again at Kiku. "A short walk sounds nice." he said smiling a little more at Kiku.

Walks were always nice. Arthur enjoyed taking short walks daily. He wondered if Kiku liked it as well.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:28 pm

Kiku smiled at Arthur, he looked a litle more relaxed again, and he was sure he would feel a lot better in the open spaces of the gardens. He stood and awkwardly held his hand out nervously to offer it for him to hold. He didn't know why he wanted to hold his hand, just that he did want to...

He lead Arthur out in to the gardens, "I just want to get a second opinion on your MRI images, I'm not a qualified radiologist," He wasn't, it was true, but he was competent at reading it, he had to be for his neuroscience degree, but, getting a second opinion would give him an excuse to keep Arthur around for a few more days, "Just a few days then you can go again." He smiled a little bitterly. If only they could be friends outside the hospital... but who wanted to be friends with their doctor?

Ah, the fresh air was so nice... he smiled and took a deep breath. The gardens of the hospital weren't the most beautiful place in the world, filled as they were with frail patients, bordering between life and death. Kiku thought of it as purgatory, really, the place betweeen the outside world and the place where people came to die (becuase Kiku had long learned that a hospital was a place where, primarily, people came to die). Still, fresh air was nice, and a patient like Arthur needed a little exerscise so they didn't end up cooped up in their room for their stay.

He pulled Arthur along and talked with him, trying to keep away the 'crazy' 'otaku' side of himself away from Arthur to make sure he didn't scare him away. "So what else do you like other than books, Asa...kun?" he asked, knowing that Arthur didn't understand honourifics, but feeling it was an important distinction to make to himself.

He sat one a bench and leaned his head on his hand to look at Arthur, the small smile twitching his face all the time, which seemed to be a common occurence when he was talking to Arthur. unconsciously, he leaned in slightly to study those wonderful green eyes. He liked Arthur's eyes, though he was sure people often got distracted by his eyeborws. It was a shame really.

He wondered if Arthur's hair was soft, it looked soft. It was very messy, but cutely so, like one of those bad boys in his yaoi books. The troubled seme-type... he blushed, had he really just thought of Arthur in yaoi manga terms? And why was his hand stroking Arthur's hair? He hadn't given it permission to do that! It was as soft as he thought it would be though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]   I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm not just a kid, I'm a qualified doctor! [Arthur]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next