Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] Empty
PostSubject: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Walking down the hall, Braelyn skimmed over the small stack of forms that she held in her arms, double-checking to make sure they were all in order and alphabetized; humming softly under her breath as she walked. Today had been a semi-hectic day, definitely keeping her busy and moving around. Perhaps once she was finished filing these forms, she would quickly head over to the cafeteria for a quick bite, although she, didn’t feel really hungry.

Occupied as she was, she failed to see the man rushing frantically down the hall towards her. The man, a visitor by the glance she got at the last moment, rushed by her and hit her shoulder with his as he passed, hopefully by accident. Flailing her arms to keep her balance, sending the papers into the air in the process, she nearly missed the wall to keep herself from falling.

“Mon dieu…. les gens semblent être toujours dans l'urgence...” Shaking her head, she straightened upright and smoothed out her shirt and repositioned her braid to lie over her shoulder. Turning to look, she saw that the man was gone, without even offering an apology. Frowning slightly in annoyance, she sighed and bent down onto her knees and began to gather up the papers, muttering under her breath in French as she did.

From the corner of her eye, she saw someone kneel beside her and began to help gather up the papers. Together, they picked up all of them and as they stood, the man handed his stack. Straightening the forms, Braelyn looked up to meet the man’s eyes and smiled graciously.

“Merci beacoup, monsieur, you were a big help.”

~(Traslation-My god... people seem to be always in a rush... ))

Last edited by Braelyn Leveque on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:11 am

Their eyes met and a sense of familiarity dawned on him. The way she braided her hair, her perfect posture and even the way she pushed her glasses, were all exactly the same as when she was young, how cute.

"Avec plaisir, mademoiselle. It would be a crime not to help a lady," He answered her swiftly. It seems like she didn't recognize him - he wasn't sure whether he's glad or disappointed, or maybe a bit of both. After all, he had only seen her once when they were both very young, and it wasn't exactly a jovial encounter.

His mother had taken he and his brother to her house, if he remembered correctly, for Christmas one year. It had been a rather long and tedious journey and Francis had been bored out of his mind. Upon arriving, it didn't help finding out that there was absolutely nothing interesting to do (winter by the beach - self explanatory), and that the only other child around his age was an uptight little girl four years younger than he was.

The result of which was obviously trouble - he had played a particularly nasty prank on her (involving the molt of a huge spider he has discovered while exploring the storeroom). Though, she probably wasn't the one who got the worst of it - his mother had taken a particularly harsh stance on this and punished him severely. Of course, she had never brought him along again to visit.

He'd rather she didn't recognize him, he decided.

"Anyway," he continued, "I'm a new nurse starting here today, so feel free to order me around, and if there's anything I can help with.." he said glancing at the stack of paper they've just picked up.
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Raising her eyebrow slightly, unable to decipher the slightly odd look he had given her when their eyes had met, she distracted herself by readjusting her glasses onto the bridge of her nose; managing to avoid the temptation to blush with his eyes on her. He was about her age she noticed, perhaps slightly older, good looking she admitted, and had eyes that almost reminded her of her own, though his were a clearer blue.

Any falter in her smile from his initial expression was quickly erased when she heard the familiar French accent within his words. She couldn’t help feeling slightly more comfortable in his presence knowing that he was of French decent. Still… there was something about the man that she couldn’t quite figure out, a vibe he gave off perhaps, that puzzled her.

It would seem that chivalry isn’t dead after all, she thought with a touch of amusement in her eye. “So it would seem, monsieur. I thank you again,” she replied softly and politely.

A silence began to stretch been them and, taking advantage of it, she began to rearrange the forms back into alphabetical order. Pausing when he resumed speaking, interest arose in her upon hearing that today was his first day as a nurse. Being a recently new nurse herself, she could relate to him in the sense of not knowing many people, learning the order of things, and so forth. She was still adjusting to the routine herself.

“Oh really? Well, in that case, welcome and it’s a pleasure to meet you.” At his offer to aid her and his glance to the papers in her arms, she glanced down at the forms and considered what he could do. Nothing really though she didn’t want to say that.

An idea came to mind and, shrugging, she said, “Well I was only going to put these on file quickly though since today is your first day, I could show you around if you want once I’m done. I was about to go on break anyways.” She finished speaking with a friendly smile; still unable to shake the odd feeling she had around him.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:30 pm

"Tu m'aides vraiment beaucoup! It'll be wonderful to have a lovely lady show me the ropes. I'd like to treat you to lunch, if you don't mind?", he asked in French. There hasn't been much chance of doing so since he moved to America, and speaking it now felt rather nostalgic. Compounded with the fact that he had known here when she was young, this was starting to bring back some fond (and not-so-fond) memories of the past.

On the other hand, she did grow up to be quite the stunner. Who would have guessed that the skinny little girl who was so timid and shy could now possess such overflowing grace and elegance now? Francis, after all, takes joy in the existence of beautiful things, and the offer to buy her lunch therefore had slipped out rather instinctively.

He had the vague impression that her family was pretty well-off. Coming to think of it though, she was probably brought up that way - as a heiress to a family empire of some sort. (and what is a heiress doing in a place like this? he wondered) He shudders a little at the thought - it's a wonderful thing that he has a brother.

"I'm sorry, you must think me terribly rude - I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Francis," he said as he stretched out his hand.
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:08 pm

She could only wonder as to what her facial expressions looked like to him, probably changing from simple friendliness to surprise with slight flattery and a side order of a blush. Her surprise was due to his offer to buy her lunch; she hadn’t expected that, especially since she had simply offered only to show him around. It’s not like she had anything better to do on her break anyways… However, her smile did widen when he insisted on speaking in complete French, a quality that she definitely liked about him. She forced herself to relax back into gracious composure as he introduced himself, remaining silent until he was finished speaking.

Extending her own hand and grasping his gently, she shook and said, “I’m pleased to meet you, Francis. My name is Braelyn, and it is really no trouble showing you around, monsieur. That it very kind of you, but to be honest, I am not very hungry at the moment; perhaps on another occasion.”

Speaking in French felt really good upon her lips and she couldn’t help that her eyes lit up a bit while she spoke, though she did express her sincerity to his offer. It was a kind gesture after all, in response to her showing him around. At least, that’s how she was going to consider it as.

Gesturing down the hall, she asked, “Shall we then?” with a warm tone and slight raise of her brow, hoping that her kindhearted nature wouldn’t make him feel bad because she had denied him.

Last edited by Braelyn Leveque on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Francis noticed the slight blush on her face at the offer of lunch - looks like she's still rather shy after all this years. He enjoyed the sound of her name on her lips. He had always thought her name was very pretty, "Tu as un beau nom Braelyn," - though this was possibly the first time he's telling her.

"Another time then, I do insist," he added with a smile in response to being turned down, this time. He was rather glad though, that she introduced herself by first name, for it spared him the certain awkwardness of hearing his mother's maiden name. Besides, that means he didn't have to mention his family name either. All is well then.

It just occurred to him, that her demur yet firm stance reminded him a lot of the doctor he just met today - the one who gave off a clear vibe of an aristocrat. He became a little amused over the uncanny resemblance.

He gestured a kiss on the hand that he still held, "Of course, let's."

((thank you:) and please assume he's still speaking french. *i fail* lol))
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:01 am

Ah… so he is an enthusiast for flattery, she mused thoughtfully while she laughed softly and said, “Merci beaucoup, monsieur, many people have also told me that before. And yes I too agree, another occasion indeed. I do admit it is refreshing to be able to converse again in French and to do so with such a handsome Frenchman is a bonus in itself. So, sitting down to chat with you sometime does sound nice.”

Personally, she regarded complimenting as a two-way system, so she didn’t mind boosting his ego a bit by telling him the truth because, by all means, she knew that Francis deserved some sort of compliment for she had already admitted that he was a gorgeous man- an ideal Adonis of France.

His gestured kiss upon her hand only made her surer that he and her were going to become great friends; she could get used to his authentic French flare though she still took back her hand from his to hold the papers better. Nodding in agreement, she led him down the hall and showed him how to file the forms quickly. With his help, the task was quickly completed.

After, she showed him the rest of the hospital, taking him to the different wards and informing him of where to find different things, having had memorized the hospital’s layout before she had started. While she spoke, he kept reasonably silent, only speaking to ask her questions. Once, when they had passed a small group of doctors, she had turned to him and had said jokingly, “Oh, and Francis, don’t count on me introducing you to anyone. For that, mon ami, you are on your own”.

A few times, however, she had caught his eye while they walked and she kept getting the feeling that he was very amused, as if he knew something that she didn’t.

((No problem at all. We can just assume that when it’s just them together, their speaking in French ^^~))
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:26 am

She knows how to talk, Francis mused. The art of communication, is after all, a rare gift at this time and age, where everything is supposed to be to the point, instant, and quite frankly, art-less. (Especially with all these Americans..) Whatever happened to the beauty of subtlety and the healthy habit of reading between the lines? He was glad at the prospect of having an intelligent conversing partner, at least.

"You are too polite, Ms Braelyn, though I have to say, I feel exactly the same way."

Francis was rather captivated by the way she moved and talked, like how each of her gesture was so well placed - watching her was like looking at an intricate dance - it was entirely charming.

As such, he wasn't even paying much attention to the group of doctors they had just passed by. Though her comment had suddenly reminded him of the doctor he (literally) ran into this morning. "Well, as long as they are all friendly and beautiful creatures like you, I'm sure I'll be looking forward to meeting them. Talking about doctors, how well do you know Dr Edelstein?"
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Calling her a ‘beautiful creature’ alone would have made her stop in her tracks but his inquiry made her stop and look curiously at him. What an odd thing to ask her on his first day. They stood beside a wide window, the late afternoon Californian sun was warm against her skin, and at the back of her mind she relished the idea of a walk on the beach after her shift to watch the sunset. Also, she couldn’t ignore the amusing coincidence that it would seem that both Francis and her met Roderich on their first day.

“Dr. Edelstein?" she said, keeping her expression that of one of mild curiosity and nonchalance. Shrugging, she continued, “I’ve spoken with him a few times so I suppose I know him well enough to call him a friend.” It wasn’t a lie, just not the whole truth. There was no reason to inform this perfect stranger of her personal life.

“Why do you ask?” she asked him with a casual smile, placing her hands lightly on her hips in a relaxed manner.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:46 am

That rather innocuous question seem to have stirred something - her response became deliberate and cautious for some reason, or maybe it was just his imagination? The warm hue of light created a intricate composition of light and shadow on her, as she faced him with her question.

"I literally ran into him," he laughed slightly, "this morning. To my defense, that really doesn't happen all the time, or in fact, at all." he added with some mock injured-pride look on his face.

That was to serve as some diversion for the real question to come of course. Having the philosophy of 'guilty until proven otherwise (no one is innocent obviously)', it's unlikely that Francis would give up on finding out what she was hiding - that is, if, she was hiding anything at all. May it be through other means, or digging it slowly out of her, eventually, he just wants to know, and (usually) will.

"Speaking of which, how was your first day here? (Did you) Meet anyone gracious souls who showed you around?"
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Upon hearing that he had bumped into Roderich, she couldn’t restrain the amused smile from her lips. She had to agree with him with the aspect he didn’t look like the type who would be clumsy or anything like the sort, which only made the fact funnier to her.

To his question, she raised her eyebrows in surprise. Curieux comme un chat, she thought with interest, but how did he know? Shrugging, she replied, “Well, as coincidences go, I too met Dr. Edelstein on my first day to be honest; although, our interactions were not as violent as yours was.” Unable to keep the playfulness form her tone, she went on to say, “However… the next day he accidently hit my arm with a door, so perhaps they were, but we laugh about that now.” To prove her point, a small giggle passed through her lips.

Though she was smiling, she still felt odd being around him and she still couldn’t discern as to why. “Actually, no one needed to show me around. I made sure that I knew the hospital’s layout before I started here so a guide was not necessary, “ she said with another small shrug, “I’m used to do things myself anyways.”

Last edited by Braelyn Leveque on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Voilà! He hadn't expected to get an answer on the first try, but he guess it was his lucky day. It does seem, however, that there is a story between them in there, somewhere. Was that a tinge of affection in her tone? He looked at her with a smile, "Hélas! My..run-in with him probably didn't score much on first impressions..the good doctor doesn't seem to like me much?", he woefully mused.

He would be very interested to find out anything..curious..going on between the first two colleagues he has met today. Life seem to be treating him very well in that aspect. This might warrant the end of his boredom, for a little while.

On the other hand, the other part of her reply let expose some lonely sadness that Francis could never have missed. He was very used to the feeling, after all. He just have a different way of treating it that's all, "Well well, that's very impressive my dear.. I was rather hopelessly confused by all these new things around me until you showed me around! Guess that makes you not just a stunning, but also independent young lady," which was not just all lip service, since Francis prides himself on speaking frankly in the presence of beautiful women.

Her comment did bring to mind the question, again, of why she left her rich household for this foreign land. Francis don't recall much about how her family was like, except that her mother seemed strict and that they didn't seem to talk much to each other. Maybe there was some hidden childhood scars. Maybe she was more similar to him than what first meets the eye.
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:10 pm

She blinked a few times at him and let her smile falter with confusion; she didn’t like the suspicious gleam of what looked like satisfaction within his eye. Did she say something of consequence? She didn’t think so but, not wanting to inquire on the issue, she resumed her cheerful composure with a small laugh and answered him with, “I would not know, sir. You would have to ask Dr. Edelstein about that,” and returned his smile warmly.

Once again his nonchalant use of flattery had made a faint blush warm her cheeks, which she ignored thoroughly. She really wasn’t used to this much flattery in one conversation, except, perhaps, when she was dancing but certainly not at work. Deciding to steer the conversation away from being too close to her personal life, she went on and said, “It really was no trouble at all, Francis. I enjoy helping people so it was my pleasure.”

Pausing for a moment to rub the back of her neck to hide her slight embarrassment, her gaze wondered over to the window momentarily. She thought quickly of Monaco and the reasons she left it. Curiosity arose and she turned back to him and inquired, “Correct me if I’m wrong of course, but I recognized your accent the moment you spoke. You are from France, no? If so, and if you don’t mind me asking, but what inspired you to settle here in California?”
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:14 pm

Francis enjoys making girls blush - it's a (not-so-) secret quirk. It's hard not to make it into a habit when a blush, sometimes, like this time, produces such a beautiful result. Her slightly turned and embarrassed face against the background of warm rays and reflections of the paneled glass window makes such a picture that Francis wants to drop everything, go back and grab his camera. He was, however, interrupted in that thought by the question she asked next.

"You're one curious little girl aren't you?" he teased, "No, I don't mind it, but it's a pretty long story. And though I really enjoy telling long stories, I'd rather you indulge in my preference to do so over a nice meal or a cup of coffee, which I presume we would be having?" he laughed a little, "I can be a very persistent man when it comes to asking a lady out."

"And to the second part of the question, I haven't really decided to settle in California, actually. Unless, of course, I see a need to." Or more like, see a need to move away, he thought. Technically, what he was doing is known as running away, that much he knows, but life is easier to live when you don't have to face the consequences, and Francis is all for an easy life at this moment.

"How about yourself Ms Braelyn?"
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Braelyn felt a slight tinge of annoyance with being referred to as a “little girl.” She was only probably an inch shorter than the Frenchman himself, not that much of a difference, and she wasn’t that much younger than him. I mean he wasn’t that much older than her… from what she could tell.

She saw that he was only just being playful however, so she let the annoyance pass… only to have it be replaced with a surge of heat as her blush increased as he again mentioned his intention to take her out. She remained silent while he continued to talk, playing with the end of her braid in her shy/nervous habit, when something he said caught her interest, or rather, how he had said it. She noticed that as he mentioned about him settling into California, it seemed to her that his tone slightly changed, how it softened a bit.

Her expression sobered a bit from her shyness, her smile softened too as she said, “I may be curious, monsieur, but I am also a good listener. Your story sparks my interest and I wouldn’t mind hearing it...” tearing her hands away from her braid, and placing them on her hips, she hesitated before she said, “and what better way to hear a long story than over coffee with a friend?”

She smiled playfully, before she laughed and finished with, “And as to why I have settled here, well I came for the ocean of course.”
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:51 pm

"I am very happy and honored that Ms Braelyn considers me as a friend already," Francis said, bowing slightly, "Would you be opposed to having that coffee break now - seeing how it's about time for one? Or maybe some other time? As charming as you are to talk to, I wouldn't want to keep you if you have any urgent duties at hand, lest you get into any..inconveniences because of that."

In the meantime, he has to consider how to tell his long story, of course. Having the need to tease out certain details and still making it sound plausible. Or maybe an entire cover story might be better off, since he also runs the risk of her finding out their family relations. Need to think about it.

"Oceans..", brings back memories of his own childhood, when the coasts were still vast and natural, without the influence of much development and tourism. He hasn't been to the California beaches yet, but he is sure that they would have all ben tainted with the air of commercialism - complete with resorts and other leisure facilities. It just doesn't give the same…feel anymore. "Sad to say, I haven't been to the seaside just yet - which means I'm going to have to rely on you to show me some of most stunning scenes around, if you don't mind.."
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Fumbling with her sleeve, Braelyn chuckled at his comment and exclaimed, “Friend, colleague, acquaintance… whichever title you prefer,” before shrugging. Personally, she thought that his small bow had been a little over the top and silly but she supposed that everyone was silly in his or her own way- she definitely was sometimes. As Francis continued to speak, Braelyn cast a glance down to her watch to see that indeed that her break was almost over.

Looking back up at him, she quickly put up her hands in assurance and hastily told him that he was far from a distraction or anything from her duties. “Do not worry about anything like that, it’s just that leaving for coffee at the moment would not work because my break is almost done…” Thinking of how he hadn’t been to the seaside, an idea popped into her head. Why don’t I kill two birds with one stone, she thought optimistically.

“I can certainly do that, I suppose. How about we meet soon for coffee at this great café that I go to on my days off? It’s right on the beach and it’s near my apartment building, so I go there often.” Braelyn smiled brightly at the Frenchman, she was really beginning to like this idea. The thought of spending a day at the beach, not alone, was making her excited even as they stood there.

“What do you say?”
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Francis laughed a little, "I assure you, cherie, that no sane man would turn down such an invite," he paused a little and continued in a gentler tone, "Especially from a beautiful lady like you."

Flirting has always been an enjoyable sport for Francis - and flirting with a pretty girl an even better one. "That is, if you're sure it's alright for you to use up your free day for me…" Now time to introduce a little awkwardness to the topic: "I mean I would never hope to cause misunderstanding for any boyfriend or anything --"

"And I should have asked earlier too, but our meeting has been so delightful that I'm forgetting my manners - I beg your pardon my dear," he added a little apologetically.

Francis learnt that in asking someone out for a date, one should never hope to proceed too smoothly, otherwise it would be an altogether easily forgettable encounter. Plus it made him seem like he ask people out all the time (which he does). Boyfriends may seem to be a perfectly awkward topic to introduce at this point, but if your date actually has one, she probably think of you as considerate to have thought of it and would be very likely wave it off saying "he isn't the jealous-type" (oh but who isn't?) - if your date is single, she might react outwardly, a little offended, but is likely to be secretly glad that people think her desirable enough to be attached already. Unless your date replies with "no, but my girlfriend…", all other outcomes would be more or less beneficial. Most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Now it was Braelyn’s turn to laugh, nervously of course; her fingers anxiously playing with her braid, and her smile did nothing to diminish the hot blush from her cheeks. Well this conversation had taken a turn that she hadn’t expected or anticipated… Did she actually, accidently of course, make their simple outing into some sort of date? She hadn’t meant to… she was only trying to make the guy welcome on his first day! Wow, she really was bad at these kinds of things.

Him bringing up the “boyfriend” topic was what was making her blush so bad but, as she thought about it, he did bring up a point. She had already told him that she and Dr. Edelstein were simply friends, not wanting to elaborate that she was seeing him, but he wasn’t her boyfriend. Hell, she didn’t know what he was, a friend yes, but any other official title she wasn’t sure of. Not at the moment that is, it was too soon. This meaning, she didn’t want to give Francis the wrong idea. All of this planning was due to the fact that she enjoyed his familiar French company and if he was thinking otherwise, she suddenly felt really guilty. Sure, she admitted that he was attractive, but there was still something about him that didn’t exactly spark her interest and she wasn’t really sure why. Not like she wanted any interest in him that is.

Trying to maintain a light composure, and not wanting to show her guilt, she cleared her throat modestly with a soft chuckle, and said, “I thank you for the compliment again, Francis, and as for any time we may spend together, I must inform you that it would be as friends, or colleagues, or whichever.”

Hesitating a moment to gather her train of thought, Braelyn softened her smiled for his apology and said, “there is really nothing to apologize for, I appreciate you asking. I actually don’t have a boyfriend, though I am seeing someone, but I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if I accompanied a new colleague to coffee and showed him the sights to help him feel welcome.”

A large smile spread across her lips so that he knew she spoke the truth, though in her mind she really was wondering if Roderich really would mind…. she honestly didn’t know but she wasn’t going to tell him that.
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Her intense blushing upon his words rather amused Francis - she must have suddenly dawned on the fact that she had just asked him out to a date, loosely defined or otherwise. She had also, reiterated the fact that they were just friends.

"And I must assure you, mon amie, that I'm good with that fact. Though you'll have to excuse my bad habit of paying compliments to pretty girls - a rather indulgent activity, in my defense." He decided to relent a little on the flirting, lest she become too embarrassed and starts avoiding him next time.

"Well, that would be great! And if you're worried, I'd be happy if you asked him along as well…" So, she does have a boyfriend. Loosely defined, or otherwise. And she is obviously worried of what he would think of their little date - because trying to make up excuses for why 'he wouldn't mind' is exactly due to the anxiety that he would mind.

"…after all, forgive me, but I'm actually rather curious to see the kind of guy who can claim the fair maiden's heart and make her blush as such," he laughed jovially, "sorry, I'm teasing too much," Though it would really be quite interesting to see the man his cousin has a crush on.

"Back to the topic then, when is your off day, cherie?"
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:32 pm

She had to admit that she felt relieved to hear that he understood that she wanted just a friendship and nothing more, that she hadn’t left an unwanted impression on him. That would’ve been very awkward for her…. “Oh, I don’t really mind, what girl would?” Giggling softly, she continued and said, “I can see that you mean well so don’t be afraid to be yourself.”

Speaking of being yourself, Braelyn was beginning to feel increasingly shy while the relationship topic was still at play in the conversation. She was a private person, her personal business was rarely shared and she wasn’t going to tell Francis, who practically was a complete stranger, whom she was seeing. There was also the fact that they all now worked together… interoffice drama was something she wanted to avoid.

Still, she couldn’t help but smile at his teasing and simply said, “I would ask him, but he’s very dedicated and busy with his work so I don’t think it would work. Thanks for the suggestion, though,” before she laughed and placed her hand on her cheek, which was indeed very warm from her blush.

Happy to hear that the conversation was moving along, she placed her hands on her hips and said, “Well, actually, tomorrow I have the entire day off because my dance practice that had been originally scheduled got cancelled and rescheduled. So, if it agrees with your schedule, tomorrow could work.”
Back to top Go down
Francis Bonnefoy

Francis Bonnefoy

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Not to worry darling, I'll find out eventually.

"Tomorrow would be perfect!" Francis announced - he just had to shift thing around a little and oh, call in sick or something. It'll be rather like skipping school.

"Ooh, what kind of dance do you do?" Ballet, would be his guess - which will explain her elegant posture. Though, Francis had always thought that ballet was a little too restrained - it was all about fine, delicate control. He much preferred ballroom, since it required a little chemistry and hellafa passion between the dancers to create something good.
Back to top Go down
Former Monaco

Former Monaco

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:44 pm

“Great! Tomorrow it is,” she said flashing him a delicate smile.

Again she glanced down at her watch. Damn… I’m going to be late soon, she thought with a silent curse. Looking up and blinking at Francis slightly when he inquired about her dancing, she shrugged her shoulders and said nonchalantly, “I dance ballet; I have since I was very young.” Speaking of which, she suddenly remembered that she had to talk to her dance partner about something when she got home that night…. Her gaze drifted off about before she shook herself back to the task at hand. She had to get back to her ward!

Pulling a pen and small piece of paper from her pocket, the items being there for the convenience of occasions such as this one, and scribbled her phone number on it. Handing the paper towards the Frenchman, Braelyn said, “Though I’ve really enjoyed meeting and speaking with you, Francis, I’m afraid that I need to get back to my ward. Here’s my number; contact me later about tomorrow. “

After that, she began to turn away when she looked back at the male nurse and said, “Oh, and welcome to Axis Memorial, Francis. I’m sure you’ll enjoy your time here,” and gave him one final smile in farewell before she turned to return to her ward.

(reminder: Their entire conversation has actually been in French ^^ )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]   Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete] Empty

Back to top Go down

Chance Meeting [Francis & Braelyn- Complete]
Page 1 of 1