Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Positive and Negative

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

Positive and Negative Empty
PostSubject: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:28 pm

The red blood rushed into the needle that Arthur was slowly pulling back and he smiled at the young man sitting in the bed. "There, told you it would only take a tick, you can open your eyes Trey." He heard a sudden beeping and turned quickly to the machine. 200bmp... Arthur's eyes flicked back to the boy, sitting quietly in the bed, frowning a little at the spasming machine.

He looked relaxed to say the least and when Arthur placed fingers to his neck, the pulse was normal. Stupid machine, couldn't even count something properly. Before Trey could look anymore disconcerted by the machine, Arthur unplugged it, sighing heavily. "Try not to do any intense running while I call the repairman," he said, still shaking his head while Trey smiled weakly, coughing into his hand.

Picking up the phone on the wall, his fingers slid over numbers as he waited, hearing the other line pick up. "It's Kirkland," he said, not really bothering with anymore of an introduction, "I need someone to come fix a bloody heart machine in the intensive care ward, room 302."
Back to top Go down
http://twilightrose2.livejournal.com/
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Lovino had been trying to get some paperwork when he got the phone call from one of the nurses in the intensive care ward. All he knew was that a heart machine was broken, but couldn’t they give him some more details? Would it really have been so hard to tell him what was wrong?

The Italian cursed under his breath. He didn’t have any spare machines sitting around…
“Damn it,” he cursed under his breath as he got up and headed for the ward, his bag in hand. With a sigh, he pushed open the door and looked around for any patients; there was no way he was going to work if there was a patient in the room.

“What the hell’s going on?” he asked, eyeing Arthur. “Why did you call for me without telling me what was happening? Would it have killed you to tell me the problem beforehand?”
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Arthur turned slowly and immediately sighed. Of course he'd get the angry tech, not the nice, sweet and quiet one. "Mr. Vargas," he started, shaking his head slightly, "If I knew what was wrong with the bloody thing, I wouldn't have called you. It said heartrate was 200BMP which it clearly wasn't."

He pointed at the machine, huffing a little. "Fix it."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 1:27 am

“You could have told me that when I got the phone call, bastard,” Lovino mumbled, rolling his eyes as he moved closer to the machine. He began to examine it, trying to note every little detail. “The problem doesn’t look that bad. I should be able to fix it.” He looked over at Arthur. “When do you need this back by?”

The machine really didn’t look too bad. He was going to have to take it apart, but the job shouldn’t have taken too long. He was really just trying to twist Arthur up a bit. He had never been extremely fond of the Brit. They were able to get along, but…it was normally better if they weren’t left in the same room.
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:13 am

Glowering at the back of his head, trying to not imagine hitting him with his clipboard, Arthur hoisted himself up onto a bed and watched him. "I need it fixed now." he said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Which is was; it was a bloody heart monitor, what was he supposed to do without it, just look at the patients and GUESS if they were going into cardiac arrest? He snorted to himself.

"And I heard your brother was here," he said, tone just a bit more conversational now that opening snark remarks were out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:14 pm

"You need it fixed now. Of course you do. I shouldn't have expected you to give me any time to fix it," Lovino mumbled under his breath. "I might need to come back later to do the repairs. ...You should be able to live without your damn machine for a few hours, right?" The Italian looked over his shoulder at Arthur.

"Yeah. My brother's here," he replied with a frown. He still didn't like the thought of Feliciano being stuck in the hospital. "Maybe you can go take a look at him; I doubt the potato bastard's doing a good job." He preferred the thought of Arthur looking over his brother instead of Ludwig.
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:47 am

The Brit shook his head. Did the Italian not know what exactly the heart monitor did? It monitored hearts and that was hardly something that could be kept waiting. "A few hours? Mr. Vargas, my patient could die in a few hours from a heart-attack and I wouldn't even know!"

This was all very silly in the end though, there were plenty of extra machines, but Arthur felt that the ones he picked were the best and wouldn't fail him. "And I see no need to look after your brother, Dr. Beilschmidt is quite competent in his own way, I have confidence that your brother will be healthy in his hands in no time."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:58 pm

“You want me to do a good job?” Lovino snapped back. “We have another machine in the next room. If you really need to use the machine, go there and use it.” He rolled his eyes. “If you rush me, the job’s not going to get done properly and you still might have patients dying from heart attacks.”

He glared. “You know as well as I do that I don’t trust that bastard with anything…especially my brother. You promise to go take a look at him and I’ll fix the machine in an hour. If not, I’ll take my time and you can use the one next door or pull one out of storage.”
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:50 am

Damn that Italian was smarter than he looked. He shook his head, folding his arms over his chest. "Goddamn Lovino... Alright, but only if you talk to the German, I don't want to break the news that I'm stealing his favourite patient."

He walked over to the machine, frowning at it, kicking the bottom of it lightly. "Stupid thing... you really think I'm a better doctor than the German?" He blinked at Lovino, sighing. Great segue Arthur, just ask exactly what you were thinking. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Lovino scowled, clearly not happy. "Yeah. Sure. I'll talk to him about it." He paused and glared. "His favorite patient? My brother is that bastard's favorite patient?" ...That was news to him. It looked like that was something else he needed to talk about.

He sent another glare in Arthur's direction.
"Oi! Bastard! Don't go kicking the damn machine. ...And you wonder why the machines don't work..." The Italian sighed, leaning against the machine. "I never said you were better. I just trust you more than I trust him."
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:29 am

The Brit nodded. "I see them together a lot and Ludwig seems to be very intent on making sure he's healthy." he quickly moved away form the machine, foot now scuffing the ground. "And I'll pray for you, I wouldn't want to tell Ludwig that news with a ten foot pole between us."

"And you could've at least pretended you thought I was a better doctor," he sighed, "Why do you trust me more? Just 'cause I'm not German, right?"
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:12 pm

"I guess that means you're not going to stay with me when I tell him," the Italian replied sarcastically. He scowled. "That bastard better not get close to Feliciano if he knows what's good for him."

Lovino watched Arthur carefully. Good. He was moving away from the machine. The Italian immediately bent down to see if the frustrated doctor had dented the machine. He sighed softly in relief. No damage. He glared at the Brit. "I trust you more because...you're just more reliable. There's something about that bastard that I don't trust and it's not just because he's German."
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:58 pm

"Hell no," Arthur sat down on the vacant patient bed, "That man could stop an entire armada with a single glare, have you seen the man? He's bloody scary! And he's abnormally tall, like... hormone growth tall."

Quirking his head a bit, Arthur sniffed slightly. "Reliable is a good word," he concluded, "And whatever you say, I'll treat that brother of yours... Has he always been sick or...?"

Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:48 am

"...Hormone growth tall?" Lovino repeated, raising an eyebrow at the description. "The potato bastard's not that scary. You could easily take him on." ...Well, on second thought, maybe he couldn't. But it would sure be amusing to watch if Arthur actually decided to take his advice. Was he sadistic because he enjoyed this thought?

The Italian hesitated before answering Arthur's question. "He's been sick for a little while. It started off as something we all brushed off. Just figured he was getting a cold or something, you know? I didn't even think to bring him to the hospital...never thought that it'd get this bad." ...And damn it, he didn't mean to say all that.
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Arthur laughed mirthlessly. "I'm not touching the German. Ever. Unless I'm really drunk, then maybe I'd punch him and tell him he's got a huge fuckin' stick up his ass but besides that I'm steering clear. He's probably got trained German Shepherds that he keeps around just to murder people..." he rubbed his face tiredly, "Or maybe I should really sleep... fourteen-hours shifts make me a bit loopy."

Looking over his fingers at the Italian, Arthur tried to smile. "I'll figure out what's wrong with him," he said warmly, "Don't worry, I won't let him get any worse."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:19 pm

“You could probably take him on,” Lovino repeated with a shrug. “And he shouldn’t have dogs that kill people. …And if they did kill you…I’d know what happened and go to the police.” The Italian shrugged. “So at least he’d be arrested for his crime…”

The Italian seemed happier after the Brit spoke. “I just want him to get out of this place. I… Damn it. He shouldn’t be here…you know?” He sighed and frowned, crouching down to do some more work on the machine.
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:22 pm

"Oh what a comforting thought." Arthur drawled, putting on a very official voice, barely about to mask his English accent with an American one, " 'Breaking news; skilled and handsome British doctor killed in freak dog accident, but dog owner has been put behind bars.' Very comforting."

He chuckled a little. "He seems like the kind of young man that should be out painting... He does do that right? I've barely had time to look over his case file."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:47 pm

“It means he wouldn’t be close to my brother, so I’d be happy,” Lovino replied with a shrug. He fiddled with the machine. “Sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the greater good, you know? But, if it helps, I’d help you fight them off or something…if for some strange reason I’d be there with you.” The Italian shrugged.

“Feliciano loves anything that has to do with art,” the Italian replied. “Paiting…drawing. Pencils, pens, chalk, pastels. He uses everything…and he’s not a bad artist. You can ask him to see some of his works when you go to check up on him.”
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 pm

"I'm keeping you to that." Arthur said, walking over, kneeling down next to the Italian, frowning at the machine. "And I'll be sure to do that, I do like paintings..." knees already aching in protest, Good Lord I'm out of shape, Arthur plopped into a sitting position.

He hummed for a moment, watching the Italian. He was dating the Greek guy right? He felt his cheeks flush unexpectedly. "Hey Lovino," he said in a would-be casual-voice, "Have you and Heracles ever shagged?" And that was that, another shining example of Arthur's complete lack of social skills. Oh well, at least he might get an answer after the Italian was finished punching the living day-lights out of him.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Lovino rolled his eyes, looking over at the Brit as he sat down. “He’ll probably be willing to paint for you if you get him paints. All he has now are some colored pencils I picked up from the store; I don’t want to get in trouble when he gets the paints all over the bed.”

The Italian’s eyes widened and he turned to look at the Brit with a glare. “That’s none of your business, you bastard!” he exclaimed, forgetting to keep his voice down. “W-why the hell would you even want to know something like that!?”
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Reaching over, Arthur was quick to slam a hand over the Italian's mouth in an attempt to stem the yelling coming out. He waited for a few moments, watching the door to make sure no nurses opened it out of curiosity before taking his hand away, wiping it on his jacket do to the spittle there. "I was just curious." he sniffed, "I've... Well, truth me told I don't know how it works and I'm just curious. In the name of science," his cheeks flushed, "B-because I don't care about stuff like that."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:41 am

The Italian turned a bright shade of red and he swatted at Arthur's hand. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. What the hell was Arthur up to? Was he trying to get tips for his own sex life? If so, Lovino definitely wasn't the right person to go to. "You don't know how it works?" he asked, rolling his eyes. "Are you fucking kidding? Try using your head. Tell me how you think it works and I'll tell you if it's right or not."
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:55 am

Arthur rubbed the palm of his hand nervously, swallowing. How did he think it worked? Scientifically speaking he could come up with a lot of ways but... This wasn't an act of science, it was of love! Or... Something equally as tender and cheesy. He took a moment, letting his head flop back against the edge of the bed, taking a deep breath.

"No I don't know..." he admitted, voice oddly quietly, "And I'm scared, that's why I'm asking."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy

Former South Italy

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:29 pm

The Italian frowned and studied Arthur carefully. He really did look nervous. A soft sigh escaped his lips and he ran his fingers through his hair, trying to figure out what to tell Arthur. Should he be nice to the Brit and tell him what he wanted to know? It was private information... but at the same time, he never heard Arthur say he was scared before.

"What the hell are you scared of?" he asked. "I want to know what you think sex is and we'll work for there, all right?"
Back to top Go down
Former Arthur

Former Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:40 pm

"Well I know the physical bits of it but I just don't..." Arthur was having a hard time finding his words while a blush had started at his neck and was slowly creeping up to his ears, turning them a bright pink. He found that his hands were hiding in his sleeves and he picked at his fingers nervously, not quiet able to meet Lovino's eye.

He swallowed. "I heard... it hurts." he mumbled, "But I really... want to."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positive and Negative   Positive and Negative Empty

Back to top Go down

Positive and Negative
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hospitalia :: Other :: Old Threads-
Jump to: