Hospitalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDirectoryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Canada 2

Former Canada 2

I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] Empty
PostSubject: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:15 am

Over Matthew's short hospital stay, he had fainted, had his mind blown and was nearly molested confronted in an unusual manner. He needed to talk, as weird as that was. His parents had stopped by a day ago, dropping off stuff that he found interesting (some video games, his laptop and embarrassingly, his stuffed bear). And even with Kumakitchi, he couldn't shake the feeling of needing to vent. Normally, Matt didn't talk to people. He was the kind that held it all in. Never confided in anyone other than his family. But they weren't here. And sadly, his stuffed bear didn't have answers.

So Matt devised a plan. There was no way he could talk to a doctor. With the whole Ivan thing, talking to a medical doctor (or in other words, adult) would only make things worse. He needed to speak with someone close to his age, who might understand. And the one person that came to mind was the cheery thin girl that Matt had first met at this hospital. Aimee Prideaux.

The blond boy chewed on the gum that had been in his backpack. Wintermint, his favourite. He spat the white substance onto his fingers, ready to carry out his plan. ever so carefully, he pulled the needle from his hand, wincing slightly before he pressed the wad of gum onto the needle-tip. The point of it? Well, aside from the terrible pun, Matt was using the puddy-like gum to prevent the IV from leaking. There was probably a way to stop the flow with a lever or switch, but Matt was too impatient to find it. With a swift movement, Matt wiping his opening down with an alcohol wipe and slapped a band-aid down on it.

The blond struggled up, willing himself to get mobile. Matthew slid over to his wheelchair, taking a few minutes to collect his breath and strength, before clicking off the breaks. Sucking in a breath, he used his lanky arms to wheel himself out of his room. He rolled down the hall, peaking into the rooms and staring at the doors until he found the person he was looking for.

The Canadian gently rapped on the door three times. Well, he wasn't just going to storm in, as much as he wanted to talk. He'd wait until she gave him permission to enter.
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:15 am

Aimee had been, well...for lack of better words, kind of lonely. She had seen the psychologist that visited weekly, yes, and she smiled and said her pretty-voiced wows and tried to explain, yet again, that she did not have a problem, that no, she was completely fine and did not need anything other than rest, and that she had made plenty of friends here that she liked very much. But he just looked at her over his clipboard and frowned at her, mumbled 'yes' and 'good, good' but scribbled things she surely knew were negative onto the papers he clutched to himself.

Today was one of those days.

Once he left, she sighed--she hadn't seen any of her lovely friends in a few days...after she was sure he was gone, door shut and no one passing by, she grabbed her stuffed cat plush and simply cried.

It hurt so much to be lonely, she hated it so much...being alone was definitely a phobia of hers, and currently she was in a hospital bed with only an IV drip and a cat plushie for company. This was never something she was used to, and it was something she usually avoided as much as she could--that was why she was so often out of her room, peeking into doors and meeting new friends that she was actually...well, in these pessimistic kicks that she got into when she was lonely, she thought didn't like her much at all.

But there was a knock at her door...one, two, three...almost faint enough to not be there, but definitely there once she focused. She sniffed slightly and wiped her eyes, getting up from the bed and clutching the stand holding her IV drip up, Luna plush still tucked under one arm, and she walked over to the door. Drawing in a breath and hoping she didn't look absolutely terrible, the Seychelloise teen released her IV stand and opened the door to see...Matthew! Oh, good, she was so happy to have company that she blinked back excited tears that threatened to well up, and opened the door wider for him to enter (taking acute note of the fact that he was both away from his blood transfusion IV and in his wheelchair) and motioned for him to enter.

"Wow, hi, Matye! I'm so glad you're here, how are you? It's so lovely to see you, wow, it's so great, isn't it?" Aimee said brightly, bouncing on the balls of her feet slightly. She really was so excited now--it made her day to even just see a friendly, familiar face that she knew and liked to see (because really, the Canadian was quite handsome, after all) and she stood aside, just in case he still didn't have enough room to come in.
Back to top Go down
Former Canada 2

Former Canada 2

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Shuffling sounded behind the wooden door before it opened a crack. Matt paused, wondering if he had the right room for a moment. He held his breath as the door slid open and Aimee came into view. However, the Canadian blanked on previous thoughtsand reasons why he had come in the first place at the sight of her.

She had been crying.

Her eyes, deep brown against white, were stained red and puffy. Quite the contrary to being bright and cheery, her eyes were sad and dreary. They did not suit Aimee's usual upbeat attitude at all. The tear stains down her cheeks only added to Matt's suspicions. She was definitely upset. Her image of crying... it just shook Matt. Sure she was a girl, and every girl cried, but still. Tears did not suit her. She seemed like the person who brushed everyone else's tears away and never cried herself. But, was that what made her vulnerable to tears?

She stepped back, seeming genuinely happy to see him. In fact, she seemed overjoyed. Like she...would start crying just because he came. Matt's expression softened. Was she that happy? Did no one come to see her? That would be sad. It was only polite to return the favour to come see her. But this... this wasn't a favour in Matt's eyes. If he had known that Aimee had been crying, he would have come sooner. The thought of her being so upset made his happiness plunge.

Was she hiding her sadness under a mask? Was everything kept secret? Matt was determined to find out. But right now, he'd comfort her. Question was, how? He was not a people person. He didn't know exactly how you handled these things. Wheeling himself in, he turned the chair to her and smiled a small grin. However, he tried that silent message convoyed through the eyes as Aimee rambled on. She was repeating herself, so Matt figured that she was just trying to keep a conversation going away from herself.

Matt didn't want to upset her again, but he wanted to know what was wrong. And... it might lead her to tears if he asked, but he could only help after he knew what was upsetting her. He stared up at the skinny girl and softly said, "Aimee, what's wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:14 am

"Wrong?" she asked quickly, bloodshot eyes widening even further to look at him, then down at herself as though it may have nothing to do with her expressions. "Nothing's wrong! I just... I saw the psychologist today, yeah? And that always makes me unhappy, but you're here now, so I'll be happy now!" Aimee said, still grasping for her reaches of control over her emotions. She had three: cheery, terribly sad, and exceedingly happy. They always said extremes weren't healthy, but going from the lowest of her lows to the brightest she could be felt amazing...if only she could hang onto it instead of the fluctuation she was feeling as she tried to fit it all back right again.

The girl felt so awkward and out of herself for a moment--she was usually the one visiting other people, not the one in the bed, but even with the nutrients hooked up..she still felt quite woozy while standing. So after closing the door, Aimee grabbed the stand and made her way back to her bed. "Something's up with you, I figure, since you've come by. What's going on, mon canard?" the teen inquired softly, sitting on the edge of her bed and swinging her feet slightly.

Aimee really did pride herself on her ability to focus on others more than herself when someone else was around, she really did, because then she could forget herself and put someone else first for a little bit. Honestly, she was a very giving and loving person, and she definitely liked it much more when they let her in, and let her care about them. She really hated focusing on her, because there were usually much more important matters at hand than her own petty problems--loneliness really felt like her only true problem, but she knew to others there seemed to be a million of them. But the Seychelloise teen grinned at Matthew, waiting for a response to her question.
Back to top Go down
Former Canada 2

Former Canada 2

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:26 pm

Matt's brow creased as Aimee pulled out the innocent card. He knew there was something really wrong, and she did explain herself. A psychologist? Must have been a pretty bad professional if he reduced Aimee to tears. Weren't those people supposed to help? Yes, because bringing a cheery girl to tears was definitely helping her. Matt shook his head. Why this roused him so much was unknown. He just didn't like the thought of it.

"And that always makes me unhappy, but you're here now, so I'll be happy now!"

Wait... was she forcing herself to be happy for him? Matt frowned at the thought. He hoped not! He was a friend, wasn't he? He was supposed to be there for her when she was happy, and when she was sad. It wasn't right if she refused to show any other emotion other than happiness around him. Did she not trust him? Or was it just her personality to not be sad around friends? Matt wasn't sure.

The thin mocha girl then turned, hobbling back to her bed along with her cat plushie toy and her roller stand and IV. Matt smiled slightly at the fact that she kept it in. At least this time she didn't tear it from her arm and walk around innocently. This made Matt chuckle inwardly. Mainly because they had switched shoes; he removed his IV and meandered the halls while she stayed in bed like a good girl. As Aimee claimed her perch on her hospital bed, Matt stopped his rolling behind her. How did she know? Matt looked away, feeling guilty. She was absolutely right, but he didn't want her to be. At that point, he made a silent vow to visit her without reason. If she was assuming that he only came to her because something was wrong, then other people did the same. That meant that no one ever came to just simply visit. Matt wanted to change that.

Matt looked back to her as she beamed a smile at him. He sank a little inside, guessing that he couldn't lie well if he denied her logic. But, perhaps he could compromise a little. He'd first derail her question. "Canard? I am no duck!" he huffed, crossing his ashen arms across his chest, the dull coloured hospital shift wrinkling from the motion. "But... there is something that I'd like to ask you..." Matt said, looking down as he tried to think of the right words.

'You see, this Russian guy came into my room and kept touching me!' ....No. That sounded really, really bad. Ivan... well, he wasn't mean, but he pushed the Canadian's limits. Er, scratch that. He shattered Matt's limits then stomped them into the ground. Matt tried to keep the red from his face as he pieced together another way to say it, 'This man, Ivan, came into my room... and.. well, got too friendly with me and kept cuddling with me!' Again, no. Why could Matt not do this?

By now, Matt's face had darkened with a red blush, looking out of place on the pale boy's body. "W-well..." He started, clearing his throat. "It's a long story, but I was trying to walk around my room when I was grabbed by a man and taken to my bed. But he... he's a patient to. I got his crutch for him and he...held me. I don't know how to explain it, but... he made me feel really awkward. I don't want to talk to a doctor about it... and... you're my only friend..."
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:09 am

Just after she had made the initial comment, she realized it was probably an unwise move. She probably sounded like she didn't want any company, but would fake it and just behave like she was eager to see him... "But I'm always happy to see you! You and Alfred are my favorites, it really makes my day when I get to see your faces, even though you're so ill..." but after saying this, she fell silent again--how awkward, they hadn't seen each other since Doctor Honda had come in, talking to him about his illness. Aimee found out entirely by accident, and she couldn't help but feel guilty for knowing.

His next words, the affronted "I am not a duck!" rousing a silly giggle from the teen. "I know, I know! But aren't French pet names so funny? Mon chou, ma puce, mon cochon, mon canard.... They're so much funnier than the ones in English!" But then, it dawned on her. He knew what she said? "You speak French? Is it a language in your country too, or is it just something you learnt in school?" Of course Aimee wanted to know as much as she could about her friend, he was so...quiet and withdrawn, but here he came, actually striking up a conversation with her! She wasn't sure whether to feel glad, flattered, or confused in that he was confiding in her rather than anyone else.

But he spoke, and he told her, and...she felt a pang of something she didn't really know how to explain. She didn't entirely feel bad for him, exactly, but..she did, at the same time as whatever else she felt about this. But Aimee really did feel for the boy, he... she didn't know what his aversion to being touched was, but she took acute note of how uncomfortable the Canadian would get if someone even put a hand near him, and suddenly she realized part of the unexplained feeling was protectiveness. She was mad that someone put him in a position that made him unhappy.

"Matye, I'm so sorry. Some people at this hospital...myself included, really, don't know how to understand personal space boundaries..." Aimee felt a little bad again as she trailed off, remembering how she herself was a breacher of his comfort zone in the beginning, and began to lift her hand to reach for him in a comforting gesture--but then, of course, how forgetful she was...the teen quickly lowered her hand back to her lap and held it tightly in her other. It really struck a chord with her, though, how he said it.

"You're my only friend."

If that didn't make her want to reach and just hug him and take it all away, maybe make it her own problem rather than his, then she didn't know what would. "What's the man's name? I want to know... please, please tell me. It shouldn't be tolerated that he made you so uncomfortable, that's just...it's despicable, it really is. I just... did you tell him not to, anything...?" she trailed away in the question and tilted her head to the side, unwinding her hands from themselves and fidgeting the hem of the hospital gown she wore. All she knew right now was that she wanted to comfort him, and have a word with this...this man as soon as she could think of how to go about it.
Back to top Go down
Former Canada 2

Former Canada 2

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:59 am

Aimee seemed to catch onto Matt's frown as she frantically explained herself and went on about her friendship with him, until it lead to the slightly awkward talk about being sick. Aimee's silence told Matt that she was still fussing. He smiled slightly, not really bothered by her knowing. So what if she knew? It wasn't that big of a deal, but Matt just didn't want to worry her further. She worried enough when they first met.

And his silly comeback earned an honest laugh from Aimee, the fist real one that he had heard today. He silently and mentally patted himself on the back, happy that he could bring a little joy to the girl. She then went on about the familiar nicknames that the French possessed. Matt had heard them before, but was never fond of them. But Aimee did have a point. They were rather silly names. For instance, how was it at all appealing to call someone your pig? Matt didn't have the chance to add anything before Aimee put forth another question. A few actually, so Matt had to pause to keep up.

"Well, I'm not originally from the United States. I'm bilingual. I learned it as a child back home," he said quietly and bashfully, a little shy of the fact. French wasn't as popular in the US as it was in Canada. In fact, it was quite common in Canada. Matt learned it in and out of school while he lived there. He was actually quite fluent in the language and would occasionally slip between English and French. A bad habit of his. Regardless, it never caused him bodily harm so Matt never corrected it.

Matt blew out a sigh as Aimee said that she didn't understand his boundaries. Well, she did make his skin prickle with unease, but not in a really bad way. Not exactly thing, the boy murmured, "I don't mind you touching me..."

And then Matt realized what he said. His reaction was spontaneous. "Wait! That came out so wrong!! I uh... you... you have restraints! You don't do anything wrong! It's me! I...uh..." Matt's hands came to his face as his cheeks burned. That didn't help his nausea, which would only get worse away from his transfusion, but whatever. Still, he felt a little dizzy in his panic, but it was alright because he was perched in a wheelchair. Maybe if Matt focused on his nausea, the bitter embarrassment would go away. Ha, probably not. He noticed through his sprawled fingers that Aimee reached to perhaps clasp a hand on his shoulder or knee, but stopped and refrained. See, she made an effort to respect him, though after the session with Ivan, he was sure that her gestures would wash over him.

Matt dropped his hands as Aimee's voice hardened. It was normally more upbeat and chipper. Now it sounded serious and calloused. She was not joking around when she spoke. She asked for Ivan's name. No, she couldn't consider confronting him, could she?! She was so thin and frail, while Ivan was large and menacing. Matt pictured Aimee stomp over and tell the Russian off. Matt recalled how easily angered Ivan was at little things. What if he did something to Aimee? What if Aimee got hurt? If anything happened, Matt would never forgive himself.

"He... he never told me his name. And I did tell him off... when he... " Matt's sentence died away. How was he supposed to describe his overly sensitive piece of hair? Or the cuddling that he was too timid to lash at Ivan for? But, Ivan didn't seem like a mean person. Just... without respect for personal boundaries. Matt was torn. He didn't want Ivan in trouble, but he didn't want to have a repeat of the experience.
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:55 pm

"Bilingual? So...you speak two languages? How cool! I don't know what the word for it is, but I speak four fluently, and I sort of know a lot of others just from the place I am from! Like, I think Mandarin pet names are cuter, like bǎobèi, or qīn ài de nǐ," Aimee said brightly, a grin on her face. She always liked talking about other languages, they were kind of...hm, a passion of hers. If there was nothing else to talk about, why not discuss linguistics and languages? "Where is home for you, Mathieu?"

She giggled faintly as he spoke, amused by his word choice. Why would he put it that way, when it sounded so silly and awkward? But she nodded and smiled kindly at him, wishing she really understood how he meant it, because...well, even as he flustered and tried to help explain it better, she still couldn't really understand it. The softspoken teen was just so sweet and cute sometimes! "Shh shh, calm down, you'll overexert yourself," Aimee managed to say while holding back renewed giggles.

It was going to be so fun, having him as a friend, she could just feel it. Aimee loved that she had an introverted friend, because it meant that she could ask for the view of the quieter person, because theirs tended to be different to the typical--especially her own. Certainly she liked having friends in general, even if they only visited her when they needed something...but it was better than nothing, she supposed. And even though it felt like nothing earlier, well...Matthew was here, right? So it was okay. She had someone. And someone...someone was always much better than not having anyone, because not having anyone was when the tears came. She could be happy, as long as she had someone near her, even if they weren't speaking--silence was fine as well.

The sickly teen was away from his IV, though, and she considered asking if he'd like for them to return to his room. He needed to keep his blood transfusions in, because the longer he was away...well, bad things would happen if he was away from that precious bag of blood for too long. And she didn't want bad things to happen to this lovely friend of hers, who was so nice and sweet, because he didn't deserve anything bad happening to him...again, a reason why she was not okay with someone making him upset or uncomfortable.

She clutched her dress tighter and looked at him, trying to muster all of her seriousness and focus it into this one conversation. Her friend needed her, after all, so...she needed to do something. Anything. "Mathieu, he had to have mentioned it, or it would've been on his wrist, or on an IV bag if he had one, or something. Please try to remember it," she said. Aimee pulled the ribbons out of her hair and shook the long locks out until they were cascading over her shoulders and down her back, and she returned to watching him as she now fiddled with the silk ribbons in her hands. "And then what did he do, after you told him to stop?"
Back to top Go down
Former Canada 2

Former Canada 2

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:56 pm

'I only speak two fluently... I can understand many more...' Matt thought to himself but remained silent as he listened to the girl go on about her own language capabilities. Wow, four fluent languages!! Where could she possibly have- ... well, Matt could be like that as well. He had been offered Spanish at his school (which he took the basic course in) and grew up with a Ukrainian Bilingual Program. So, he could speak four languages, but his comfort resided only in two.

Matt listened intently to the girl's pronunciation of the foreign words. Had Aimee not stated that she was speaking Mandarin, he would have been lost. Matt had never heard those words before and found it interesting to listen to. Languages were something he liked. After all, wouldn't it be the greatest to be able to speak any language, any where?

"Where is home for you, Mathieu?"

Matt looked up briefly, before closing his eyes and lowering his head, hiding a small smile. Home. Ha, home wasn't here. It never had been. Not that there was anything wrong with California or anything, but he preferred more chilly temperatures. He missed the snow, the hockey rink, the skating, the frigid winter... all of that junk that most people found unappealing was home for the blond. In fact, as soon as he turned 18, he was on the next plane to Canada, his home. Back to where he could play the sports he loved. Well... if he made it that long and could actually play sports...

He looked up after reminiscing in his childhood memories with a smile, free of anxiety or sadness that was presented before. His expression was warm, eyes glowing as he thought of his home, The True North Strong and Free. He couldn't explain the country to her, nothing could. But he wondered if his blissful expression could carry across the deep sense of familiarity and joy that he felt when remembering where he was from. How could he ever forget? He was, and would always be from,

"Canada. Et toi?"

And then, there was that whole awkward part, where Matt had blurted his thoughts, and had actually been heard. Most times, his quiet voice was skimmed over by most hearing radars, but Aimee was on the ball and quick to giggle at the boy's embarrassment. He really hadn't meant it like, well... Aimee's gestures were out of caring and kindness. Just showing some support or something of that nature. She cared... genuinely... but... if Matt was saying that about her, did it not apply to Ivan as well? Ivan was just trying to help (at first). And... Aimee had never taken the physical gestures far. A pat on the shoulder, and hand nearby his... nothing was...threatening to Matt. Ivan's gestures were. But how could he explain that aloud? He could barely sort through the facts in his head! He said head in hi hands, trying to find some way out of this. Aimee tried to calm him, warning him that he was still in a hospital and too much of this... overbearing emotion could tip the scales and make him faint. He was in fact away from his IV, which was his life support lately. She was right, but how could Matt fix this? "I.... uh... I'm... Je suis desolé..." the boy said quietly, looking up shamefully. He couldn't explain it now... maybe if he wrote it down...

Matt then glanced away in silence, thoughts splashing through his mind like vivid colors on a page. Why did he have to say something so stupid? If the words were on a page, he would have grabbed it from the air and shredded it. But, at least Aimee didn't take it the wrong way. She merely laughed at his awkwardness in social conversation. And laughter meant that she was no longer crying. Well, on the outside. Matt wasn't sure if she was faking the happiness and forcing a smile in his presence. He hoped this wasn't the case. They were friends; they could tell each other anything, could they not?

'So why are you keeping Ivan from her...?' A little voice said in his head as he sat hunched in his wheelchair. He nearly flinched at it. How was she supposed to confide in him... if he wouldn't confide in her? But... her safety... Aimee was not afraid to be heard. What if something happened? He harbored this, trying to decide. What was right? What was best? Trust or safety? Matt glanced back to her through his spectacles as she removed the silk from her hair, allowing it to spill over her thin, frail shoulders. Matt bit his lip. This was his burden to bear, not hers.

"I... don't remember anything like that..." he mumbled through his teeth as he proceeded to answer her next question. "He just... stayed. It was.. awkward. I was... really nervous..."
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:57 pm

"Canada," she said, testing the word out carefully. "The country above this one? How neat! I come from really far away; I am from a beautiful place called Seychelles." She smiled brightly at him, pleased that he asked the same for her--it was always nice for someone else to take interest, she supposed.

She only smiled softly again as he stumbled over an apology, waving a hand up dismissively. But he was steadily growing paler, and her worry only grew, unbidden but not entirely disallowed. He was, after all, away from his blood transfusions--that was quite concerning, she didn't want him getting hurt from the lack of blood.... "It's fine," she finally managed somewhat dryly. "Mathieu, do you want me to wheel you back to your room? We can be in there instead, it just...you look rather ill, I just don't want anything to happen to you."

Aimee took a moment just to think of Matthew after he spoke again. She wanted to believe that he was telling her the entire truth, she really did want to believe that more than anything, but the voice in the back of her mind said no, he was hiding something. Likely to protect the person who made him so uncomfortable. Or was it in her best interest? She didn't know. It did, however, feel like a stab at her impression of him. She felt so fine telling him whatever flickered across her own mind, so why wouldn't he do the same for her?

Well...actually, she supposed she wouldn't. She hadn't told him the whole reason why she had been so upset earlier. But he had been there, and she was happy again! So it seemed unimportant after that, so insignificant, because she had a friend with her.

"It's alright, Mathieu," Aimee soothed gently, smiling kindly over at him from her comfortable position on her bed. She didn't want to make him any more upset or stressed than he already appeared to be.

(( LATEST REPLY IN THE WORLD WTF. Sooo so sorry lkdjglkjesorry! ))
Back to top Go down
Former Canada 2

Former Canada 2

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:02 pm

The country above this one... Yes, Canada, America's hat. Matthew resisted a sigh. He disliked how Canada was only seen as America's shadow. Most people thought Canada could only exist with America. It was downright depressing. Regardless, Matt didn't let himself be put off simply because she said that. She seemed somewhat interested in his birthplace before she explained where she was originally from. Matt scrunched his brow, trying to recall her said country. "Sey-... Seyshell..." Matt started, struggling with the pronunciation. Should he stick with the English twang or use his French tongue? Regardless, he was tripping over his words mainly because he was trying to pinpoint her homeland. "Isn't that off the coast of Madagascar?" If it was and he were correct, it would explain her chocolate coulored skin. Matt smiled, glad to have learned a bit about the girl.

He shook his head slightly at her offer despite knowing it would be for the better if he were reunited with his IV. He felt nauseous, but he was gradually getting used to the sickly feeling. He could ignore it for now. Although, her concern touched Matthew, as it always did. He was happy that she worried for him, yet sad at the same time. He didn't want to trouble her. "I'm fine. Plus, I'd worry if you were out of your room..." 'Even though I don't really know what's wrong with you...'

He was glad as his awkwardness was dismissed quickly, now forgotten (hopefully). Now she just stared at him in silence as Matt bit his tongue. She didn't believe him. Matt flicked his hand to his face, pushing his glasses up on his nose, even though they'd only slide back down momentarily. He felt ashamed, lying to her, but maybe he could tell her another time. Where it was less of a threat, or when she didn't seem like jumping out the door, hot on Ivan's heels. But she seemed a bit more relaxed now, which in turn, relaxed Matt. He sighed, as she soothed him, looking up to smile at her. He enjoyed the female's company. And with the weight off his chest (he simply felt the need to tell someone), he could return to the safety of his room.

Did he intend to? Absolutely not. He intended to visit Aimee like he had planned in the future. Well, the visits start now. "So..." he started, not used to starting conversation.
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:51 am

"Sey-shell!" she replied with a beam, nodding enthusiastically as he pronounced it correctly. "You have it, c'est le Republique des Seychelles. But, if it's easier to remember, you can call it Sesel," Aimee explained. Maybe that would be better, yeah...urgh. But she was just such a failure sometimes when trying to explain things about where she was from. But another excited gleam was in her eyes--he knew where it was! Aimee was excited. First, he could pronounce it. Second, he payed enough interest to care. Third, he knew where it was. Oh, yes. This was a really great friendship taking place.

And he cared enough to be concerned about her. Sure, she had friends, but they were flighty and only liked her when she was...well, not hospitalized, because then they could hang out and go places with her. But the other teen was flat-out telling her he would worry. [color=blue]"Silly, I would worry about you more! You're more sick than I am. I'm not sick at all, just weak," Aimee grinned at him brightly, wide eyes eager and persistent. "I don't want you to be hurt by not being near your IV, or laying down..."

She saw guilt as he avoided her prying gaze. He was definitely hiding something...and it hurt her slightly knowing he didn't fully trust her, but that was fine...because she would live with trying to believe that he was that he was looking out for her; that it was in her best interest. She was, after all, quite angry that someone was bothering and upsetting Matthew. Aimee felt protective at that moment, and nothing really would've been able to stop her from (at the very least) going after whomever it was that was doing this.

But his attempt at conversation made her smile and she pressed her lips together, but made a small gesture with her hand to encourage him to continue whatever he had been planning to say.
Back to top Go down
Former Canada 2

Former Canada 2

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:18 am

Matthew nodded as Aimee clarified his stutter. He was glad that he used his influential french tongue to articulate the country's name. That gave him a slight sensation of satisfaction as the girl beamed a smile his way. He was glad to impress her. He embraced the feeling; it didn't come often. But Aimee seemed to grin ear to ear as Matt's guess was correct. Though she didn't articulate the appreciation, it glimmered in her large brown eyes.

Matt's smile grew.

And then she reminded him of his sick sensation. Right. Now that she rementioned it, he felt the nausea and weakness creep in his put. 'Casse toi,' he told his sickness, not in the mood to deal with it. He'd last without an IV for a while longer. To hell with the hospital care! Vive la revolution! "Non non!" Matt replied in a hurry, both hands raised. "C'est bien. Je suis trés bien! D'accord?" Of course he'd say it in French. When Matt was upset or frazzled, he tended to lose distinction between his two fluent languages.

He slowly, after that awkward moment of knowing that he was failing at covering Ivan's name, tried conversation. He didn't want her to get hurt. Simple as that. So he'd have to move the conversation on. But how? He hoped Aimee would think of something to talk about! He didn't know how to really socialize! He was very shy? What to say? What to say?!!?

The weather? No. Matt tried conversations with that and they always fell back to the original silence. Um... Um... Hospital food? No, Aimee was on Nutrients. Was she even eating the food? Um... Um... Matt panicked over the simple problem. He hadn't planned on what to say. He didn't know! What could he say? She was an interesting person! He was not! He was just Matt! Plain ol' Mattie, simple and boring! Um... UM.... Couldn't he come up with something about himself that would trigger Aimee to say something about herself? Yes! Good plan!

But... what to say?! Matt stalled long enough. The words came to his mouth before he muled any longer. "I play hockey."

What a stupid thing to say! Matt nearly smacked his face in embarrassment. Could he ever get used to this conversation thing? The fussing only made his nausea worse as he tried to explain. "At least, I used to. I stopped when I became anemic, but I'd love to start again when..or... if I get better," he said quietly, tone back under his control. He took a deep breath in and gave himself a mental pat on the back. "Do you play any sports?"

[I am so sorry about the wait. Lots of crap happened but I really don't have an excuse...]
Back to top Go down
Former Seychelles

Former Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:47 pm

"Mais non! Vous regardez malades, Mathieu!" she replied, a prominent pout on her face as he refused. Aimee really just didn't want him to be any more ill than he already was because of her—what awful guilt she'd feel! "S'il te plaît?"

At the lull in conversation, however, she cuddled the cat plush in her arms and waited for him to speak first. There was too much awkward energy settling in the room, but she let it pass and feigned obliviousness with a pleasant and encouraging smile. Finally he spoke, and she let out a soft giggle.

"Hockey? That's really cool!" But Aimee's grin faltered as he stumbled over the variations on returning to good health. "You'll get better, Mathieu! I know you will. And I'll be here all the time while you're getting better. I promise." Aimee's smile returned, but it was much softer and more serene now.

At the question directed to her, she tapped her lip thoughtfully. "Yes, I was quite a good footballer. It was really fun for a long time." There was a slight pause as she considered herself and nodded. "I miss it a lot."

(( Oh my goodness, I didn't mean to not check to see if you'd replied in weeks ;__; I'm sorry! I'm also sorry the reply is short orz ))
Back to top Go down
Former Canada 2

Former Canada 2

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:04 am

"Dans quelques minutes..." Matthew said quietly, unable to fight the African girl's pleas. She just looked at him with that pouty face, her brown eyes working him over until he just couldn't deny her what she wanted. So selfless... Matthew admired her caring nature. "Tu est trés gentile, Aimee," Matthew said with a small smile, gazing up at her through his rimmed glasses. Matt longed to be more like that. So giving... so willing to help others... Aimee really was amazing.

However, Matt's total blunder didn't help his admiration. He shed his eyes from her until he heard her giggle. Red splashed the pale boys cheeks as he swallowed embarrassment. She replied with a general statement, making Matt wonder if she knew much about the sport. If she was from an African country, than he doubted if she did. Hockey was a Northern battle.

Then the chocolate-hued girl continued, telling Matt that he'd get better for sure. Matt smiled weakly at her, yet the gesture didn't reach his eyes. He wasn't so sure... he had heard the doctors talking about new medical procedures, like a bone marrow transplant. He'd need surgery for that, something that utterly terrified him. But Aimee's words did offer some sort of comfort. Her optimism was silently appreciated in the meek outlook of Mattie's future. He could only hope that he'd still be around in the next month...

The topic changed as Aimee talked about her favourite sport. Football. Matt paused. Now, was this the American or European version? Matt had absolutely no idea what it was called in Africa, but he assumed that it was the same as soccer. In Canada and America, it was constantly referred to as soccer, not football. The boy decided to question this, in case his assumptions were wrong. "Football, as in soccer, right?"

Aimee then hesitated, before moving the conversation on in a similar way to how he did. Stating that she used to play it, and that she missed it dearly. Matt's gaze fell. So... did her illness take her joys away from her too? Matt extended a tender hand, wavering slightly because he wasn't a fan of touching, but this was something that they shared. He gently touched her shoulder, an act of comfort. Disease riddled them both and took away the things that they loved. Matt's gaze softened in empathy.

"Let's make a deal. We'll get out of this hospital together ok? I'll teach you to skate sometime, and you can teach me to play ball," Matt said, the longest and most heartfelt thing he had said since he entered this place. And boy, did he ever mean it.

[/So late. I'm so sorry ;_; ]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]   I need help! [Aimee/Matthew] Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help! [Aimee/Matthew]
Page 1 of 1